Supervisor of Elections
of Leon County, FLThe Supervisor of Elections is an EEO/ADA employer.
NOW HIRING SEASONAL POSITIONS
The Supervisor of Elections Office for Leon County is now accepting applications for the following 2018 seasonal positions to help us ensure a successful election year. As future opportunities open between now and July, they will appear here, so please check back regularly.
• Executive Assistant
• Outreach Assistant
Successful applicants are those who thrive in a fast-paced, positive, team-oriented atmosphere. Most assignments require 40 hours per week with some periods of overtime and will end before Thanksgiving 2018.
To be considered, carefully read the information below and complete an online application form.Application Form
For All PositionsSkills include:
• Strong attention to detail
• Accuracy and speed in processing data
• Ability to stay focused and on task even with repetitive tasks
• Ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere
• Critical thinking and decision making
• Friendly, patient and professional customer service
• Ability to handle pressure and firm deadlines
• Ease with learning new software and technologyRequirements include:
• The highest level of integrity, responsibility and teamwork
• A commitment to continue employment through the end of the assignment (Once training is complete, it is very difficult for us to replace team members in time for a successful election. If you don’t believe you can commit to the entire assignment, these positions won’t be the right fit for you.)
• Acceptable criminal background checkMost positions include:
• Voluntary healthcare coverage (premium cost shared with employer)
• Salaries starting at $11 per hour and varying based on experience and specific job duties
• Overtime paid at time-and-a-half
• Significant periods of overtime during the weeks leading up to each election (August 28th and November 6th)
• Automatic enrollment in the Florida Retirement System
• Other Personnel Services (OPS) status; does not include paid leave
This position has strong potential to continue beyond the 2018 election cycle. We are seeking a firm commitment through at least December 2018.
The duties of the Executive Assistant include scheduling, bookkeeping, travel arrangements, correspondence, and project management. Applicants must be meticulous, self-motivated, positive under pressure, adept with juggling multiple projects, and committed to excellence. Confidence with data management, business writing, and communicating with public officials are a must.
In the weeks surrounding each election, the position requires 40 hours per week plus overtime (including some weekends and holidays). Otherwise, it is designed to be 32 hours per week most of the year. Fewer hours are possible if health insurance is not desired.
Read the full position description here: Executive Assistant
The Outreach Assistant provides support with public communications, social media, and voter registration events.
Duties include customer service, face-to-face public engagement, social media engagement, advertising strategies, data management, correspondence, technical writing and creative writing.
Assignment is February through November 2018.
This is a flexible, part-time position averaging 32 hours per week worked from a variety of locations throughout the County. Some weekend and holiday hours are required to support voter registration events. Full-time and overtime hours are also required in the weeks surrounding each election (August 28 and November 6, 2018).
Applicants must be meticulous, self-motivated, positive under pressure, adept with juggling multiple projects and committed to excellence.Additional requirements:
• A valid, insurable driver’s license
• A reliable personal vehicle
• The ability to safely lift up to 30 pounds
• The stamina to work long periods of time while walking or standing
Read the full job description here: Outreach Assistant
How to Apply
Think a seasonal election support position is right for you?
Use this link to submit your resume and complete an application questionnaire to be considered for any of our openings.Application Form
We appreciate your interest, Positions will remain posted until filled. The Supervisor of Elections Office is an EEO/ADA employer.
Questions? Contact us at E...@leoncountyfl.gov
Return to Home or Back to Top